After visiting wonderful places in Lima like the ancient Huaca Pullana or swimming with sea lions in the Palomino Islands, all the family will smile and think about what you will have for dinner. What would be most suitable for you? Fine dining restaurants? Or maybe a steakhouse? Vegetarian or something bright and noisy for kids? Check out our suggestions on the best restaurants for dining in Lima.
Try intense flavors of local cuisine
Peruvian gastronomy has a wide variety of sensations for your palate: fresh fruit, juicy meat, salty potatoes, spicy stews and more. How about giving a try to the following options?
- Museo Larco Cafe Restaurant. Our first choice for local cuisine in Miraflores district. Located in the Larco Museum terrace, you and all your family will enjoy from sandwiches to the classics of Peruvian gastronomy made with fresh ingredients. Gentle waiters will guide you to choose what to have for dinner after the museum visit. Top recommendations: Huancaina and Shrimp Spaghetti, lucuma mousse, or empanadas.
- La Picante. Maybe your tour guide or some locals have already asked you if you have eaten ceviche. Better you say no and give a try La Picante seafood and seasonal dishes. In this cozy and small restaurant, the menu is divided into cold dishes (fish and seafood: Tiradito or Ceviche), and hot dishes (Lomo Saltado with Octopus or Cau Cau).
- Songoro Cosongo. The ambience in Songoro Cosongo is Peruvian at its most: noisy, colorful, people talking and laughing, photos with memories and good flavor. All the family will enjoy the dishes from all regions of Peru like Anticuchos, Ceviche, Arroz con Pollo and Tamales. The typical dance show and the piano will enhance your dinner in the bohemian Barranco district.
Special dinners in curious restaurants
- Osso. This real treat is located both in the La Molina and the San Isidro district, is the gorgeous result of an evolution of a butcher shop into a meat fest experience. Meat experts and lovers will be amazed with lots of cuts ready for your plate made with no additives like nitrates nor colorants. The passion of Renzo Garibaldi, owner of Osso, about sustainability is written in the friendly staff with an impressive knowledge on meat and grills. Recommended dishes: Porterhouse Steak, Picanha Steak and for dessert, Osso Mess. Sliders for kids available. Tip: book in advance as they have a waiting list!
- Estadio Restaurant. Is there any soccer fan in the family? This restaurant offers a special decoration for those crazy about soccer including flags, posters, a big screen TV and lots of fans talking about your favorite sport. You can share your passion along dishes like Chicharron de Pescado, Arroz con Mariscos, Tacuchaufa and a refreshing Pisco Sour. Do not forget to take a picture next to the famous Peruvian soccer players!
- Siete Sopas. Quite a crowded place with a long line, however the flavor will not disappoint you at all. Everybody in the line is talking about what they have had or what they would like to try. Discover the tasty world of soups and Peruvian food in Siete Sopas with lots of choices like Sopa Criolla, Caldo Blanco, Patashca and more. Suitable for small and foodie families!
Treat your palate: Fine Dining in Lima
- Osaka. The name suggest Japanese food but the effort and the magic of their menu is hidden and waiting for you. The delicate fusion of the soft Japanese flavors and the huge variety of Peruvian cuisine will amuse your taste buds in an elegant and warm atmosphere. Exotic food fans will fall in love with courses like nigiris, makis, rolls and more. This is a pricey choice, with impeccable service and high quality food. Tip: book the terrace for an incredible experience.
- Astrid y Gastón. The iconic restaurant of the most famous Peruvian chef, Gaston Acurio, offers an inventive menu using ingredients from all around the country. An old mansion houses the exotic and authentic dishes of Peru: Cuy from the highlands, Veal Ternderloin or the tasting menu to have an explosion of flavors in your mouth, presented to your family by Astrid herself.
- Central. The restaurant to explore ingredients from all regions of Peru is Central. Included into the top of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list, this top-notch restaurant will impress you with the effort, delicacy and research in every detail of each dish. The trying menu will take you through all the ecosystems in Peru with 12 unforgettable courses. Reservations must be done with several weeks in advance.
- Amoramar. Go back in time to the first years of the Republican times in Lima and choose from old-school and contemporary dishes. Authenticity and creativity in the same restaurant. Scallops with hot butter as starter by the trees will be incredibly tasty. Top recommendations: Lomo Saltado, Grilled Octopus or Tuna Saltado and a passion fruit Pisco Sour to drink.
- Maido. Quality is wherever you see, hear and taste in Maido. First-rate nikkei cuisine by chef Mitsuharu Tsumura. The tasting menu will take you to Japan and back to Peru through your palate with native ingredients from both countries. The sushi bar is recommended for those who love learning about this exotic food. A must for an special dinner.
Bringing all the family together in an exotic table or in a high-end restaurant in Peru will always end into a remarkable dinner. View Peru strives for a wonderful time for you and your family, so why not letting us make that trip of yours come true? Choose your style: adventurous, luxury or cultural and we will care for every single detail for you.